Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Average Real Estate Prices in Canada

I have heard people talk about Canadian real estate a lot this past year and most of it has been complaining. That is because I live on the west coast where housing prices are more expensive than any where else in this beautiful country. Even with all this talk I have never really seen any statistics on how much more expensive places like Vancouver are in comparison to the rest of Canada. So when we were told to make an infographic for school I figured that it would be the perfect opportunity to educate myself on the current state of Canadian real estate. The results were actually surprising. According to the stats I found I am living in a region that is more than double the average house price in Canada and more than double 14 out of 17 other major cities in Canada!


3 comments:

  1. WooHoo! Best investment I ever made :D (Sorry, I don't mean to gloat) Nice info-graphic thingy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Yeah. What was your investment, if you don't mind me asking?

    Thank-you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell you this much - this year's provincial assessment puts the value right at double the price we paid, in the 6 1/2 yrs since we bought it.. but keep in mind that the monthly mortgage requires that we drive sh*t cars and eat a lot of KD :)

    ReplyDelete